Sunday, February 18, 2007

With the current challenge of not purchasing any more knitting related items I've been working hard on finishing projects that were just collecting dust.

One of these, the "Fair Isle Sampler hat" designed by Mary Jane Mucklestone from the Winter 2004 issue of Interweave Knits was something I had always wanted to make. I ordered the yarn from Jamieson & Smith soon after receiving the magazine but, after starting on the fair isle ribbing, decided that I'd go blind if I did this to give it a pass until a later date.

Once I picked it up again I realised how much fun fair isle was. I'm not sure if I'd want to try a full sweater in a fair isle design at this moment in time though.

Well J, the iPod and camera are nearly paid off and I'll be back to building up my stash again soon. :-)







No comments: