Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Cobblestone disaster averted

I completed the Cobblestone pullover and it fit me perfectly until I carefully hand washed it which caused the sweater to grow four sizes. In frustration I tossed the sweater in the washing machine on delicate and then put it in the dryer. As it happened the sweater came out perfectly!
After this I knitted a hat for my hiking buddy using Classic wool merino. It also grew about 4 sizes after washing so I attribute it to the wool. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of the hat and have yet to take one of the sweater.
I'm currently working on another sweater for myself using Briggs & Little Heritage yarn. It's temporarily put aside so that I can work on DH's christmas socks while he's on course in Vancouver. I finished one sock earlier and am working on the second one. I'll have to work on the other pair while he's at work and hope that he gives me enough warning when he comes home for coffee. It isn't too comfortable to sit on those needles.
Once I'm done my sweater I'm planning to knit a sweater for DH. He knows about that and even put out one of his store bought sweaters which fits him nicely in order for me to take measurements while he is away. The wool still needs to be ordered and I'm planning to have it ready for his birthday in March.
Another project I'm working on is a scarf for my friend. I believe that she knows about this page so no details will be posted until she receives it.
So, back to socks. I promise that pictures shall be posted soon.

No comments: